Congratulations to our A girls basketball team for advancing to the second round of playoffs!!
Our Athletics Program aims to strengthen the body, develop skills and coordination and promote good sportsmanship. Our Athletics program offers sports for students in grades 3-8, with everything from football, basketball, volleyball to golf, cross country, and even archery. We are members of the Catholic Charities Catholic Youth Organization (CYO) in the West Region Pac Conference, and members of the Foundation for Interscholastic Youth Athletics (FIYA).
While our teams are competitive, the philosophy of our sports program is to promote full participation in a supportive and nurturing environment. Our coaches train student athletes with an approach that provides discipline and skill strategies with an emphasis on teamwork and sportsmanship.
Athletics are divided into Annual, Fall, Winter and Spring sports for both girls and boys. They are broken up into three levels of competition depending on age. Varsity is made up of 7th and 8th grade, B Teams are 5th and 6th grades, and C Teams are 3rd and 4th grades.
General Philosophy of our Athletics Program (playing time).
- At ALL levels (A-B-C), coaches are expected to teach ALL participants teamwork, sportsmanship, and the skills necessary to become better athletes.
- At the B and C level, coaches are expected to give ALL participants equal reps during practice and in ALL competitions.
- Winning is not / should not be the focus of a coach's practice plans or distribution of playing time.
- We should be developing the skills of each participant, and fostering a "love of the game" for each participant.
- At the A level, coaches are expected to give ALL participants fair or equal reps during practice times.
- At the A level, coaches will be given the flexibility to adjust playing time so that we can be competitive in our league and playoff games.
- To accommodate this flexibility, the A levels will play in the CYO and FIYA leagues, as well asplay in additional tournaments to distribute playing time.
Sports fees are as follows:
- $100 ALL Levels and Grades
- Submit via Square on school website.
- Per Trimester, fees for a 3rd or 4th sport are waived, not including Golf.
- Golf fees are $100 per year.
- We look forward to another successful athletic year for our students at St. Anastasia Catholic School.
There are no upcoming events to display.