2nd VP - Social and Membership
Geneva O'Brien and Bonnie O'Donnell
To contact Geneva and Bonnie please message them through ParentSquare
- Responsible for any new member orientation and for helping new members assimilate into the PTO, school, and parish
- Selects project and committee chairs within the Department
- Provides all members with a copy of By-Laws and other pertinent membership information
- Assists parents with any special needs
- Assists the President in providing amenities
- Acts as a liaison between the PTO and the other social groups in the parish
- Coordinates all parent and PTO socials
- Committees under 2nd Vice-President include: Pancake Breakfast, Parish Picnic, Room Parents, Christmas Program, Dancing and Dessert and other social events.
Social and Membership Committees
New Family Buddy Program (Year Round) - Chairperson - Gina Prato
This NEW program matches current school families with new school families entering Junior Kindergarten, Kindergarten, and grades 1 ‐ _8. Current school families are asked to welcome new families, orient them to the traditions, routines, important aspects of the school, and help them find the 'right fit' in our parent volunteer system. The Chairperson is responsible for coordinating with the school to identify new families, help to find good matches in current school families, and ensuring that new families are being well‐integrated into the school.
- Committee Members may help with tasks, as needed, including serving as a buddy to a new family.
Room Parents (Year round) - Chairperson - Deanna Wierzba
The Room Parent Chairperson is responsible for training and coordinating the efforts of the Room Parents for each grade. The Chairperson also takes the lead in organizing school wide Halloween treats, Christmas and End of Year Pizza parties, and the School Carnival.
- Grades JK through 8 Room Parents (2 to 3 per class)
- Room Parents work with the teachers as required in coordinating parent volunteers for class events, field trips and any other classroom needs. Room Parents also help the Chairperson with school wide student events such as the Carnival.
Welcome Coffee (1st Day of School) - Chairperson - Michaela Sozio
The Welcome Coffee is a continental breakfast to which all parents are invited on the first day of school. The Chairperson is responsible for planning and implementing this event.
- Committee Members: Welcome Coffee Committee Members may help with tasks, as needed, including set‐up for and assistance during the event.
Pancake Breakfast Chair (September) - Chairperson - Ed Ray and Peter Wierzba, Volunteer Coordinator - Michael Domaguing
The Pancake Breakfast is a parish‐wide event on a Sunday morning in September. The Chairperson is responsible for planning, publicizing, and implementing this event.Back to School Night (September) - Chairperson - Mia Cam Cam
Back to School Night is a school‐wide event orienting school families to the new school year. The Chairperson is responsible for coordinating snack and refreshment station with donations from families and assisting with school‐wide set‐up.
Parish Picnic (September or October) - Chairperson - Open. Need Chairperson
- Committee Members: Back to School Night Committee Members may help with tasks, as needed, including set‐up for the Back to School event.
The Parish Family Picnic is a parish‐wide event on a Sunday afternoon in the Fall. The Chairperson is responsible for planning, publicizing, and implementing this event.
- Committee Members: Parish Picnic committee members may help with tasks before, during and after the event.
Christmas Program (December) - Chairpersons - Jenny Lenz & Laura Remington
The Christmas Program is a school‐wide event in which each class sings a class song and the whole school sings an opening and a closing song. The Chairperson is responsible for securing the venue, all logistics and operational duties, overseeing song selection and producing the Program as a whole.
Faculty and Staff Appreciation Luncheon (January) - Chairperson - Shawna Wiseman
- Committee Members: Christmas Program Committee Members may help with tasks, as needed, including visiting classrooms to help the children learn and practice the opening, closing, and class songs.
The Faculty and Staff Appreciation Luncheon Chairperson is responsible for planning and implementing this event.
- Committee Member: Faculty and Staff Committee Members may help with tasks, as needed, including set‐up for and assistance during the event.
K‐3 Talent Show (October or March) - Chairpersons - Teresa and Christopher Lehr
The K‐3 Talent Show is an opportunity for younger students to showcase their talents to their peers and parents. The Chairperson is responsible for publicizing the event with the students, producing the Show as a whole, creating a written program for the Show, and directing both a dress rehearsal and the Show itself.
- Committee Members: The K‐3 Talent Show Committee Members may help with tasks, as needed, including sound/microphone and background set‐up, assisting the children with the dress rehearsal and Show itself.
Performing Arts Showcase (April or May) - Chairperson Chris Roque
The Performing Arts Showcase is an opportunity for older students to showcase their talents to the school community. The Chairperson is responsible for publicizing the event with the students, running auditions and moderating the selection of students for the Show, producing the Show as a whole, creating a written program for the Show, and directing both a dress rehearsal and the Show itself.
Dancing and Dessert (May) - Chairperson - Open. Need Chairperson
This fun event is hosted by Mr. Muir as a year-end treat and thank you to the parents and students! Come dance with your children and enjoy dessert under the stars and lights at St Anastasia!