Welcome to Second Grade! The BIG day is on the way! I hope that you and your child are as excited about this coming school year as I am! I am looking forward to a PHENOMENAL year filled with love, learning, and much laughter! My goal is to provide your child with all the tools necessary to continue their academic journey and prepare them for Third Grade! ARE YOU READY? ARE YOU ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY POSITIVE THAT YOU ARE READY? I know that I am! Let’s start by reviewing some Second Grade expectations and goals for each student:
· TRUSTWORTHY: I will always tell the truth
· RESPECTFUL: I have good manners at all times
· RESPONSIBLE: I listen to my teachers and follow their instructions
· FAIR: I am always fair and equal with my classmates when I play
· CARING: I am kind to everyone – CHRISTLIKE BEHAVIOR
· CITIZENSHIP: I will work hard to keep my classroom clean
Behavior and Character Explanation
· O=OUTSTANDING-This is an exceptional student who has followed all of the rules all day. This child has gone above and beyond classroom expectations and is a fine example of the 6 Pillars of Character that second grade follows!
· G=GOOD-This is a good student who has followed all of the rules with minimal infractions. This child is a good example of the 6 Pillars of Character that second grade follows!
· S=SATISFACTORY-This is a student who is doing a satisfactory job in behavior. This child could put forth more effort in becoming a better example of the 6 Pillars of Character that second grade follows!
· NI=NEEDS IMPROVEMENT-This child is doing a poor job with regards to behavior and needs to put forth more effort to be a good example of the 6 Pillars of Character that second grade follows! This child’s behavior is affecting other students as well.
Your child may receive homework each night. Our homework is a continuation of daily class work (there will be times when your child completes everything in class, still REVIEW IT ALL to make sure they understand the concepts learned!). It is important that your child READ each and every night for at least 20 minutes! THAT SAID, PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOUR CHILD BRINGS A BOOK TO READ IN CLASS every day or they will lose responsibility points. We always have time during the day where we read! This will help your child learn to develop critical thinking skills and impact their academic years in a positive way!
Thank you for taking the time to read this letter! I will send home a weekly letter full of exciting tidbits from 2nd grade!!!
God’s Blessing and love alwaysMs. Scaltrito