The Student Council of Saint Anastasia Catholic School provides an opportunity for students to be involved in a leadership capacity and cultivate decision making skills. The democratic structure of the Student Council encourages its members to make responsible decisions regarding their school, and provides an opportunity for our students to serve their school, church, and community.
Student Council members are the leaders of our school and they must exhibit Christian values, good citizenship, good academics and spirit of pride within the school community. Our Student Council is comprised of 10-12 officers from grades 6 through 8 and class representatives from grades 3 through 8.Qualifications for membership on the Student Council are as follows:
- Grade average of “G” or higher in work habits and behavior
- Grade average, which must be maintained, of “B-” or better in each subject, but no grade may be lower than a “C”
- Evidence of leadership qualities as determined by the staff
- Attend TACSC the summer prior to the new school year for 6th through 8th grade students
- First and second trimester grades determine eligibility to run for Student Council for the following year.
- Third trimester grades of the previous school year determine eligibility to run for classroom representative for the first half of the school year.
- First trimester grades of the current school year determine eligibility to run for classroom representative for the second half of the school year.